Posted on February 25, 2013 by allensflowers
Winter is coming to an end and spring is rapidly approaching. At Allen’s Flowers and Plants of San Diego, we are busy preparing for the changing seasons. This means stocking our shelves with vibrant spring flowers like one of our personal favorites — tulips.
To herald the warmer weather and brighter days (not that we have many harsh days in San Diego as it is!), our blog post will introduce you to our tulip collection for 2013 and highlight some of the many tulip arrangements and tulip floral designs we have specially marked down.
Many of our tulip arrangements are already on sale and some are marked down as much as 30% off, which is a great incentive to decorate your home with the colors of spring as well as share them with your office, friends, and family.
There has never been a better time for tulips than during the spring sale at Allen’s Flowers and Plants.
- Do you know someone with a birthday coming up?
- Do you need to plan an event like a wedding or a baby shower?
If so, then we absolutely must encourage you to take advantage of our great selection and prices on tulips.
Our Tulip Offering
Check out these tulip arrangements that we have put together for Spring 2013:
- One beautiful arrangement that we offer is the Tulips Together arrangement. It offers a delightful trio of beautifully bundled tulips. Each bundle of ten tulips has their own bright and vibrant color of red, yellow, and purple. They are arranged in a modern-style, rectangle glass vase and are truly quite a site to see.
- Looking for something a little less elegant and a little more eye popping? Our Deluxe Fresh Holland Tulips bouquet is simply a sight to behold. The bouquet has bright spring colored tulips that are arranged in a chic glass vase.
- Tulips make great gifts for a special date with that special someone. Our Tulip Delight is both simple and beautiful. Consisting of cut spring tulips that have been arranged in a vase that is tied with a cute bow, our Tulip Delight is something your loved one will cherish.
Why not start this spring on a bright note by bringing the vibrant color of tulips into your home or office? While we have stocked up in all of our San Diego locations and have them on sale now, they do not last long. Time to get your tulips now!
Filed under: Spring Flowers, Tulips | Tagged: best florist San Diego, best San Diego flower delivery, flower delivery San Diego, San Diego best florist, san diego tulips, Tulips San Diego | Leave a Comment »
Posted on May 20, 2012 by allensflowers
Spring is well underway with summer just around the corner. This time of year brings beautiful flower choices, including such seasonal favorites as tulips. One of its best features is that it is available in so many of the brightest colors. And, with such a beautiful form and some that even have a lovely scent, it is no wonder that the tulip is so popular among florists and consumers alike. Our three floral shop locations in San Diego are reporting record orders for tulips this year.
All about Tulips
The vibrant tulip grows all over the world. In Holland, during the tulip bloom, tourists flock from around the world to see these lovely blooms. But, you may not be familiar with how tulips got their start. The tulip was introduced to the world by an Austrian biologist while the name came from a Turkish word that means turban as their shape somewhat resembles one.
These bulbous flowers are associated with the lily family and are considered somewhat of a larger flower with an average of six petals each. There are actually over 100 species of tulips and 3,000 registered varieties that have been catalogued and found from their home in Turkey where they were cultivated as far back as 1,000 AD to, of course, Europe and even China and Siberia!
Tulips as a Symbol
Of the brimming and bright flowers of spring, the tulip has got to be the most representative of happiness. Other international meanings associated with the tulip are dreaminess, a declaration of love, and imagination. They are given in friendship and in love for various occasions.
Did you Know?
Did you know that you can actually cook with a tulip bulb if you are out of onions? It really works!
Caring for Your Tulips
If your receive tulips as a gift or you are giving them to a loved one, please be sure to share these tips to ensure the tulips can be enjoyed as long as possible:
- Leave the tulips upright for as long as possible by keeping them wrapped an in a vase of water under a light source for about an hour prior to taking them out and arranging them.
- Take out any leaves that are under the water line of the vase.
- Hold the stems underwater and cut off about one inch of each stem with knife or scissors. Make sure that these cut ends do not dry out before getting them into the vase.
- Add a floral preservative to warm water and place the tulips in the vase that is then placed in a dark room or refrigerator for a couple of hours.
- Keep tulips in a cool area and away from direct sunlight.
- Maintain a full water level with additional floral preservative to keep these thirsty flowers happy.
Filed under: Spring Flowers, Tulips | Tagged: San Diego florist, San Diego flower delivery, san diego tulips | Leave a Comment »